Saturday, August 24, 2013

A Challenge For Me

My friend Terri in BC came over last weekend to do some sewing and chatting.  She challenged me to post everything I make.  So I'm taking the challenge.  This week I worked on my September Calendar from  Nancy HalvorsenStar Surround Quilt-A-Long with Melissa Corry and Easy Street Mystery Quilt with Bonnie Hunter.

 I'm a little slow with Easy Street which started last October 2012 and was supposed to be finished January 2013.  Now because Bonnie is putting the Easy Street pattern in a book it is no longer on her blog.
Here is Easy Street Block A.  I decided to lay one out after I finish sewing one.  In doing this this week I was able to get one sewn a day.  Yeah for me!



Here is the finished stack.  Only 11 more to go then on to Block B which there are 9 to make.   Then it will be putting it together since I have the triangle pieces already done.





I'm also working on Bonnie's Orca Bay which was her mystery quilt a couple of years ago, which I'm hoping to finish before Christmas.  I need to pick up the pace putting it together and post some pictures.

The calendar from Nancy Halvorsen I started it December 2011(yes I'm slow :).





Terri in BC bought two kits, one for her and one for me, they were block of the month.  We were sent the kit the month before to be finished for that month, well we all know that didn't happen. I still have to quilt the "E" and the stem.  I need to go buy some brown thread.  After that I only have October to finish.  When it is done I will post a pic of all the pieces.  It has been fun but applique is really time consuming.
So Terri what is your count?

1 comment:

  1. Phlllttt! With such a busy week, I only made it down to the sewing room one night! Check out my progress on my blog and I promise to do better this week.

    ReplyDelete